Sunday, September 11, 2011

Camp 2011

It has been a while since I blogged, but with camp this past weekend I have so many thoughts.

As most know, the ALIVE Bible camp that I started took place this weekend.  There were mostly college kids that were there for the classes, but I feel like everyone still left with something.

Somethings that really stuck with me had to do with language and relationships. Our class on movies/language went from taking 45 mins to over an hour. But it was a very beneficiary class. The thing that I feel like most people don't realize is how much their words effect others. The thing that I have noticed the most is "that's what she said". It is a simple line that is used by many to get a simple laugh, but what are we really doing? We are taking a line that someone said, that was an innocent sentence (most of the time) and turning it into something perverted. To make it worse we are causing EVERYONE around us to think in the same manner. Some people may not even go to the perverted in their minds, but because we said the one line we are corrupting their thinking into something bad. Our words do not just effect us and our service to God, they effect those around us as well!

The other thing that I don't think college kids think enough about it relationships. We are so quick to jump into something and want things to move fast because we want to be close to someone. We don't take the time to realize that crossing the line from friendship or casual relationship to a physical relationship or a serious relationship that we are crossing a line with a person that we can never undo. There are regrets that I have from doing that and things that I can never get back, but I know that we can move on thanks to the grace of God. But I feel like too many people want to be close to someone so bad that they forget to stop and think and cross a line not realizing that they can never go back to the way it was. Sure you maybe friends again but it won't be the same, I can guarantee that. You cross the physical line (in any sense) and it changes everything.

The last thing I have been thinking a lot about is the fact that I have always known that younger children look up to the older children. But I never realized that by starting this camp that I would be looked at in a different way by those my age and those older. I have put myself into a position to be judged by others and be held in higher standards by others. I do not know if I am ready for that pressure, but it is something that I am having to do.

Just a few thoughts from camp :)

No comments:

Post a Comment